While I am not a prophet, just an observer in this world, here are a few predictions:
- Mr. Obama will not be reelected in 2012. Not because he won’t run, but because the economy will continue to fall into the abyss, and he will not be able to get us back to where we were last year. The same would happen were McCain to be president. It is just going to be another Herbert Hoover situation.
- The $700 billion for Wall Street, the proposed bail out of Detroit, and the housing crisis will all work together to bring us to a depression, though not as deep as the 1930s. Get ready for it now. Learn to do with less.
- Al-Qaida will continue to be our enemy, in spite of efforts by the Obama administration to talk them out of their hatred. There will be another attack on US soil, though not as big as the 2001 attacks.
- The rest of the enemies of the US will soon see that Obama is too inexperienced at international affairs. He will try his charm on them, and it will work for a while. But Iran will continue its hatred of us, and will work with Al-Qaida to destroy us, regardless of the Sunni-Shia hatred of each other.
- Russia will also take advantage of Obama’s inexperience, and make attempts to regain more of its empire, testing Obama to see if he will negotiate or defend.
- There will be a strong 3rd party in 2012 which will cause the two major parties to reorganize themselves so we can tell them apart.