Monday, April 6, 2009

Passing thoughts

April has arrived. There were no major “April Fools” jokes around here, other than my son putting an “engagement announcement” on his Facebook page. We played along and emailed him that he needs to tell us such news before “going public”. He wrote back to tell us it was an April Fools joke. I wrote back that now I needed to send another email to everyone in the our address book the truth. He wrote back thinking I was serious. We fooled him! Our daughter had told us it was not real before we ever wrote him.

April is a good month to have a harmless day of jokes, as it is a crazy month weather wise. It was 60 and sunny last week. There were snow flurries earlier today, and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50s. Welcome to Springtime in Missouri. I cannot find it, but Mark Twain is supposed to have said that if one does like the weather here, wait a little while and it will change. While that quote isn't necessarily his, he did say this: “In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.” And this, in an editorial: “Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.”

No comments: