Saturday, November 21, 2009

Morning glory to God

 
(Photo from flikr )

Last week as I was driving to work, the sunrise was beautiful.  I wish I had a camera, or that I was not in a hurry to meet my carpool.  What really made it even more wonderful, was that I had just put the first hymns CD by The 2nd Chapter of Acts, and the first one, “All Creatures Of Our God And King” came on, right as the sun popped over the horizon.  I was moved by the moment, especially the line: “Thou rising morn in praise rejoice” seemed to be written exactly for a time as this.  I wonder if the hymn writer saw a beautiful sunrise and wrote that line.  The photo does not quite capture it.  It was one of those days when the sky was cloudy except the horizon, so the sun reflected beautiful red and orange light over everything.


No comments: