Friday, May 8, 2009

Jesus alone

The other day, I was reading John chapter 16, verse 32 caught my attention: “Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me” (NKJV). We know that being God and Man, that God had to be with Him, so indeed, He was never alone. However, compare that to what we read while Jesus was on the cross, just before taking His final breath, when He cried out: “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” (Matthew 27:46) It is not a contradiction to say that the Man part of Jesus felt totally alone for the first and only time in His life. Totally forsaken by God, which is what Hell is like, according to some authorities. All for us. Glory to God! I don’t have to suffer the separation from God in Hell because the Son of God experienced that separation for me on the cross. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: