Saturday, April 10, 2010

Various meanderings of the mind

Okay, so it has been a long while since I posted here.  I probably don't even have any more followers!  (Or they have found someone else to read who is more active.)  So this post will have a few thoughts on some of my "labels".

  • Politics- It looks like a lot of Democrats are getting out of Congress.  This is good news and bad.  Good, because it will mean fresh blood.  Bad because the ones dropping out are ones a good Republican (or third party candidate) could defeat, while the Democrats nominated in their places have a better chance of winning.  That means the Republicans will not gain as many seats.
  • Pondering- While the future looks bleak from a human standpoint, it is good to know God is in control.
  • Peeve- The politicians and the lapdog media that do not want us to see that America is slowly becoming a second rate nation. 
  • Praises- God is in control!!!
  • Pastimes- Baseball season began last weekend.  I just don't get as excited as I used to.  Not having a son at home who listened to every Cardinals' game may have something to do with that.
  • Provoking mirth- April Fool's day came and went without anyone really pulling a major prank on me.  But then, I think the current administration believes us all to be fools. 
  • Poetry- 
It's Spring again as all can see.
A long winter past, from snow we're free.
The grass is green, the sky blue;
My heart yearns for fresh air true.
But summer draws near humid and hot.
Soon I'll look for a shady cool spot.
Then autumn will arrive and the trees turn red,
Then winter again, and all will seem dead.
So, on life goes, the years pass by.
And then some day, so will I die.
In that day, when in heaven I wander
No bad weather will be there to ponder.


Oh well, I guess poetry will have to do without my efforts.  Perhaps that should be under "Provoking mirth"!

No comments: