- Politics- It looks like a lot of Democrats are getting out of Congress. This is good news and bad. Good, because it will mean fresh blood. Bad because the ones dropping out are ones a good Republican (or third party candidate) could defeat, while the Democrats nominated in their places have a better chance of winning. That means the Republicans will not gain as many seats.
- Pondering- While the future looks bleak from a human standpoint, it is good to know God is in control.
- Peeve- The politicians and the lapdog media that do not want us to see that America is slowly becoming a second rate nation.
- Praises- God is in control!!!
- Pastimes- Baseball season began last weekend. I just don't get as excited as I used to. Not having a son at home who listened to every Cardinals' game may have something to do with that.
- Provoking mirth- April Fool's day came and went without anyone really pulling a major prank on me. But then, I think the current administration believes us all to be fools.
It's Spring again as all can see.A long winter past, from snow we're free.The grass is green, the sky blue;My heart yearns for fresh air true.But summer draws near humid and hot.Soon I'll look for a shady cool spot.Then autumn will arrive and the trees turn red,Then winter again, and all will seem dead.So, on life goes, the years pass by.And then some day, so will I die.In that day, when in heaven I wanderNo bad weather will be there to ponder.
Oh well, I guess poetry will have to do without my efforts. Perhaps that should be under "Provoking mirth"!